How ready are you for this fish soup? This soup needs no introduction. The more I would say about it the more it’ll spoil it, so I will leave it to you to make the comments.
All I can say it’s that it is Quick n’ yummy!!
Using fish stock for this soup would be best and this is pretty easy to make at home. Simply gather some fish heads and tails as well as bones from when you clean or sort your fish out by filleting it, place all (around 1kg altogether) in a pot with 1.2 l water, some salt (not much) and boil for 30 min. Separate the liquid of the fish bones (a pile of bones at this point) with the help of a sieve. All done and ready to use straight away or freeze if needed later. Do not keep for longer than 1 month in the freezer.
This soup is super delicious and packed with good vitamins, nutrients as well as Omega 3 fatty acids. Oh, the taste…… I can’t express.
Oh! I can just eat this all day every day. ?????
Organic veg & salmon soup
- 1.2 l water or 800ml fish stock* (the rest water)
- 600 g salmon cut into fillets
- 1 onion (organic)
- 1/4 leek (organic)
- 1/4 swede (organic)
- 1 parsnip (organic)
- 3-4 mushrooms (organic)
- 1-2 carrot(s) (organic)
- 3 sticks celery (organic)
- 1 red pepper pointed, (organic)
- 1 handful peas fresh or frozen (organic)
- 5-6 stems asparagus
- 1 handful cauliflower (organic)
- 1 handful Romanesco cauliflower made into florets
- 4 spoonful rice (optional) or 2 medium potatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste (organic)
- 200 g tomato juice (organic)
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 tsp chilies (red or green) (optional)
- pepper freshly ground
- Place a pot with the water on medium heat.
- Wash all veggies and begin by chopping the onion, leek, parsnip, swede, celery, carrot, potatoes and the red pepper. If you decide to put the rice instead of potato wash it thoroughly and cook separately acording to pack instructions. Put all chopped veggies in the fish stock +water and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes covered.
- Add the tomato juice, the tomato paste and the salt in and allow it cook for a further 10 min then, add the fish and cook for 5 min.
- Add the cauliflower, the Romanesco cauliflower all made into small florets and the peas and the asparagus all at the end along with the fish fillets and continue to cook for another 10-12 minutes. Take it off the heat. Grind some good old black pepper, cover and let it rest for a short while.
- When serving, add some fresh chilies or grind some more pepper in. You can also try and squeeze some lemon juice in if you want your soup to be a little more sour.