This cheese omelette on toast is easy to make, it's nutritious, rich in protein and it's quick to cook. It keeps you full for the whole morning.
The omelette can be easily garnished with a nice feta cheese salad or some pickled peppers, onions or gherkins.
For a nicely sized protein-packed omelette, you need extra egg whites.
- use coconut oil instead of olive oil
- use red onions instead of spring onions
- use dried chilli flakes instead of fresh red chilli
- may use mozzarella instead of cheddar
Other breakfast recipes you may like :
- Eggs with spinach breakfast
- English breakfast in a flash
- Dutch mini pancakes
- Shakshuka, egg breakfast with a twist
- Apple and cranberry super breakfast
- Dutch baby pancakes
- Quail eggs, mushrooms and bacon breakfast
Eat this breakfast omelette while it's hot: the chunky melted cheese texture is awesome and filling.
Cheese omelette on toast
- hand mixer
- 3 large organic eggs
- 1 organic spring onion
- 15 g coriander fresh
- 40 g cheddar cheese
- 1/2 - 1 red chili fresh, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Finely chop the (spring) onion and coriander and beat the eggs together, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan then tip in the onion, coriander and chilli. Stir around the pan for a minute or two until soft. Pour in the eggs and move around the pan until about three quarters have scrambled.
- Settle the eggs in the pan and spread the grated cheese on top. Cook for about a minute or so until the cheese has melted and the omelette is nice and set.
- Fold the omelette using a palette knife and slide from the pan on a toasted slice of bread or onto a serving plate.