A simple cheese omelette to start the day can be such a savior, it's quick to make, packed with goodness and so yummy. A winner!
This cheese omelette on toast is easy to make, it's nutritious, rich in protein and it's quick to cook. It keeps you full for the whole morning.
Ingredients needed to make a cheese omelet
- spring onions/ scallions
- cheddar cheese
- fresh red chili - for some extra kick
- olive oil
How to make an omelette with cheese
Step 1 - Prepare all the ingredients, gather, wash, chop, beat the eggs
Step 2 - Add olive oil to a pan add the chopped scallions and the red pepper
Step 3 - Add the wisked eggs and the grated cheese cook, fold and serve!
Variations and Substitutions
- use coconut oil instead of olive oil
- use red onions instead of spring onions
- use dried chili flakes instead of fresh red chili
- may use mozzarella instead of cheddar
Hint: add cottage cheese to make an omelet with cottage cheese for lower fat and lower calories omelette
The omelet can be easily garnished with a nice feta cheese salad or some pickled peppers, onions, or gherkins.
For a nicely sized protein-packed omelette, you need some extra egg whites.
There are countless ingredients you can use to add flavor, texture, and variety to your omelette and here are some popular options:
- Cheese (cheddar, Swiss, feta, goat cheese, brie)
- Vegetables (bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, beets)
- Herbs and spices (parsley, chives, basil, oregano, paprika, black pepper)
- Meats (ham, bacon, sausage, chicken, turkey, smoked salmon)
- Fresh or dried fruits (chopped tomatoes, avocado, sun-dried tomatoes)
- Leafy greens (spinach, kale, arugula, spring greens)
- Garlic, ginger or shallots (for added flavor)
- Onions (sautéed or caramelized)
- Mushrooms (cremini, button, shiitake)
- Fresh or dried herbs (thyme, rosemary, basil, chives, sage)
- Hot sauce or salsa (curry powder for a spicy kick)
- Olives or capers (for a briny taste)
- Cooked grains (quinoa, rice, couscous)
- Corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- Artichoke hearts
- Smoked or cured meats (salami, prosciutto, salmon, hamhock)
- Sprouts (alfalfa, broccoli, beets, mung beans)
These are just some ideas, and you can mix and match ingredients based on your personal preferences and dietary restrictions. Feel free to experiment and get creative with your omelette fillings! The sky is the limit!
A few more egg breakfast recipes
- Baked broccoli and cheese omelet
- Scrumptious Egg And Bacon Cupcake Omelette
- Soft Boiled Quail Eggs, Avocado Butter And Redcurrant On Sourdough Toast
- Grandma’s Twisted French Toast Or ‘Frigănele’
- Easy Spanish Omelette (Spanish Tortilla)
Other breakfast recipes you may like
- Eggs with spinach breakfast
- English breakfast in a flash
- Dutch mini pancakes
- Shakshuka, egg breakfast with a twist
- Apple baked oats
- Dutch baby pancakes
Eat this breakfast omelet while it's hot: the melted cheese texture is awesome and filling.
📋 Cheese omelette on toast
- hand mixer
- 3 large organic eggs
- 2 organic spring onions scallions
- 15 g coriander or parsley (½ oz) optional
- 40 g cheddar cheese (1.4oz) grated
- 1 small red chili fresh, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Finely chop the (spring) onion and coriander and beat the eggs together, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan then tip in the onion, coriander and chili. Stir around the pan for a minute or two until soft. Pour in the eggs and move around the pan until about three-quarters have scrambled.
- Settle the eggs in the pan and spread the grated cheese on top. Cook for about a minute or so until the cheese has melted and the omelette is nice and set.
- Fold the omelette using a palette knife and slide it from the pan on a toasted slice of bread or onto a serving plate.