This cheese omelette on toast is easy to make, it’s nutritious, rich in protein and it’s quick to cook. It keeps you full for the whole morning.
The omelette can be easily garnished with a nice feta cheese salad or some pickled peppers, onions or gherkins.
Cheese omelette on toast
- 3 large organic eggs
- 1 organic spring onion
- 15 g coriander fresh
- 40 g cheddar cheese
- 1/2 - 1 red chili fresh, chopped
- 1/2 tbps olive oil
- Finely chop the (spring) onion and coriander and beat the eggs together, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan then tip in the onion, coriander and chili. Stir round the pan for a minute or two until soft. Pour in the eggs and move around the pan until about three quarters have scrambled.
- Settle the eggs in the pan and spread the grated cheese on top. Cook for about a minute or so until the cheese has melted and the omelette is nice and set.
- Fold the omelette using a palette knife and slide from the pan on a toasted slice of bread or onto a serving plate.
Ingredients alternatives: coconut oil instead of olive oil
red onions instead of spring onions
dried chili flakes instead of fresh red chili
mozzarella instead of cheddar Eat this breakfast omelette while it's hot: the chunky melted cheese texture is awesome and filling.