I’m sure this happens to you too sometimes, coming back home hungry like a wolfie not knowing what to tuck in?!
Well, it certainly happens to me especially around 4 pm when I need to beat that sugar craving and truthfully this chickpeas quick snack is such a good saviour for me helping me dig deep in the sugar jar smashing a good few chocs or kit-kat bars.
I do have an issue, a real issue with the sugar cravings that kick in around 4 pm.
I do make sure to always have a few chickpeas cans around and never run out for snacks like this.
A few days back I came home, I was so hungry that I could eat a horse. I totally resisted going anywhere near the sweets tin by going in a totally opposite direction grabbing a can of organic chickpeas and had this ready in a flash. Thoroughly enjoyed it though. Then and every time I make this, such a great snack! Ready in just under 20 min, how great!!
Chickpeas quick snack with turmeric, red onion and red chilli flakes
- 400 g cooked chickpeas
- 1 small red onion
- 1/4 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch of turmeric
- 1 pinch Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp mixed seeds cumin, fenugreek and mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 lemon just the juice
- Chop the onion and place in a pan with the olive oil over medium fire. Add the seeds, salt and cook for 5 min or so until the onions are nice and soft.
- Add the chickpeas and the turmeric and continue cooking for another 3-4 mins stirring or tossing regularly.
- 3 Add the chilli flakes and toss for a further minute.
- Squeeze a dash of lemon and serve. Ta da!!