These fruit tartlets are such a time-saving winners and saviors for a party or any gathering, also to make when you have some fruits that need using. I have added some homemade jams and they are delicious and super quick to make.
Treat For Holiday Times
Holidays this year were so much about eating tutti fruity jam and fruit tartlets times, feeling good, and not caring so much about anything else but just having a great time. Holidays, in general, are about having a great time, right? Whatever it takes.
Talking about toghetherness ans cooking together, last night we have made some truly delicious baked jammy donuts ( I promise the recipe will be up here soon) that were so good that we’ve had two and had to make sure to buzz everyone out of the kitchen (including myself) so that they didn’t all disappear.
We (myself and kiddos) have made them for the next day trip which we needed to “embark” on - off we went to Hampshire for a summer food festival. It was a lovely snack that we all enjoyed and wished there was more of.
How To Make These Fruit And Jam Tarlets
Okay, I reached the kitchen and I knew I had this puff pastry in the fridge so I've quickly and swiftly have taken it out while still thinking about what to do with it ?... I’ve taken a jar of my homemade quince jam I made a few days back out too and I had loads of fresh fruits in the fruit basket and in the fridge too. My house is never short of fruits I can tell you that.
And here I came up with this quick very quick treat for the kiddos and of course for us because we couldn’t keep our tooth out of it. No chance! 😉
This recipe literally requires 4 steps:
- Taking the pastry out of the fridge and allo it to warm for a good 15-20 minutes so the pastry can be worked with without splitting
- cut the pastry into desired sized squares, rectangles, circles or whatever shape you fancy
- Spread a layer of jam ( I have used a few types of jam but anything you like works fab) added some fresh fruits over that (some seeds or nuts too if you fancy)
- Bake (see recipe instructions for these details)
Here are a few suggestions on how to serve these tartlets :
- For breakfast:
- serve with a cup of milk
- with a dollop of yogurt and some seeds and nuts sprinkled over
- with whipped cream
- chocolate sauce (hmmm yummy)
- As a snack:
- serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon (especially if they are apple or pear topped)
- with a drizzle of honey and some fresh herbs (thyme or mint)
- As a dessert:
Yes, absolutely and they will need reheating. I would definitely add the fruits freshly when served.
Yes, these fruit tartlets can be frozen after baking them halfway, and again leave the fruits for serving time.
Other pastry recipes you may like :
Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page. Thanks for stopping by!
Jam and fresh fruit tartlets
- 1 packet of ready rolled puff pastry
- 4-5 tbsp tutti fruity jam
- Fruits * see recipe notes
- 20 g butter melted
- Take the pastry out of the fridge for 1 min or so before handling it.
- Place the jam into a little bowl and mix it for 10-15 seconds pretty energetically so it gets into a nice and homogenized smother texture**.
- Wash and chop all the fruits that you choose to use and place them on a plate. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- On the working surface unroll the pastry and cut it into squares or rectangles. Rectangles are more likely to come out as the shape of the overall pastry is a rectangle.
- Score each pastry shape with a sharp knife around the edges (about 1 cm from the edges. Just make sure you do not reach the other side but just literally give them a good scratch.
- Spoon about 2/3 of tbsp of jam on each pastry rectangle within the scored area.
- Transfer the rectangles to an oven tray that's been lined with parchment paper.
- Place your chopped fruits on each rectangle and brush with a little melted butter.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake at 180°C for 30-35 minutes until nice and crispy. Keep an eye so it doesn't get too brown. Just allow it to bake until golden brown. Each oven is slightly different but if fan-assisted 35 min will probably be just perfect. Mine cooked for just under 35 min.
- 10. Take out of the oven and allow them to cool for 5 min.
- 11. Dust them with a little icing sugar and.... watch them disappear ??