Here is another flash dish that is delightful: it gets done in minutes and varnishes in seconds.
Again, this tatsoi and hoisin salmon stir fry is one of those dishes that I’ve made plenty of times and never gone wrong. How could it go wrong?! If you like salmon, if you like your greens just go for it. Midweek, weekends, dinner or lunch, this is a perfect option.
Last time I me made this I’ve added loads of sesame seeds both black and white as it adds a lot to the taste with all that nuttiness which perfectly complements this dish.
This tatsoi stir fry is just perfect! ? ✅
Let me tell you a bit about this tatsoi greens. It is originally an Asian green, available now almost everywhere in Europe and quite popular in north America too. It is super, super loaded with calcium, Vitamin C and carotenoids hence the reasons behind being called a super-food. The beauty of this is that is available all year round.
Tatsoi and hoisin salmon stir fry
- 400 g salmon
- 300 g tenderstem broccoli
- 300 g tatsoi (fresh)
- 1 medium-large pepper (red)
- 200 g kale (fresh)
- 2 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 red chili (Asian)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger (freshly grated)
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds (mixed)
- 5-6 pieces shiitake mushrooms (optional)
- Mix the garlic with the ginger, 1/2 soy sauce, 1/2 of the hoisin sauce, 1/2 teriyaki sauce and the honey. Pour over the salmon pieces and leave aside for at least 20-30 min or even longer if possible.
- In a frying pan just cook the marinated salmon on a low heat. Turn occasionally. Depending on the size of the fish, cook till nicely browned.
- Simultaneously but separately, in a deeper frying pan add the sesame oil. Cook initially the mushrooms and the pepper for a 2-4 min. Then add the chopped greeneries ( broccoli and tatsoi) stirring occasionally. Add the remainder of the soy, teriyaki and hoisin sauces. Toss around and cook for around 5 minutes. Add the sliced red chili.
- To finish off the cooking, add the salmon broken into bigger chunks and sprinkle some sesame seeds or the special sauce** (see recipe notes) or both. ? ? ?