It’s almost Christmas with loads to do and a simple yet delicious brownie like this can just save you precious time as with this dessert recipe there is no need to spend time on tempering chocolate or anything complicated at all. I’m not suggesting that temping chocolate it’s that difficult or complicated but it does takes some extra time.
These brownies are so good to have available and ready to serve in case some guests turn up for a cuppa tea ☕ or coffee. But for me…. the most important aspect of having these ready for grab is for that moments when chocolate cravings hit in hard, so something delicious and…. these brownie come as pure perfection.
They’re not just satisfying but they are sooooo ….super satisfying. Mmmmm. The beauty of those beauties is that they can be made in advance and last for a good couple of weeks or more, they are simply amazing – no worries there that you may have to finish them immediately?so, please don’t come with excuses and texts here for munching them all at once. You will not be believed?
I cannot tell you enough how rich, decadent, indulgent and soooooo satisfying, these brownies are….oh! Ok, I said it again, we’ll, I can’t help it.
Brownies with no chocolate…
Yes, brownies with no chocolate, and they are still sooooo good and decadent in fact I prefer those to the ones with chocolate. What I like the most about this is that you will have them ready at top, top speed, seriously.
Those brownies are such a producer of that positive emotions that we need in our life so much especially in winter months. The secrets in this recipe is the brown butter which gives that magical enhanced nutty flavour and aroma that is so irresistible.
Brown butter rocks !
Browning the butter it’s very simple technique and please see my recipe notes for instructions on how to do it. I always have some ready as it is such an addition to any dish whether that’s sweet or savoury. It is one of those ingredients that you must have handy and ready at all times but if you don’t it’s super easy to make so don’t worry for a bit.
So, yes, yes, yes brown butter does rock! It is an amazing flavour addition to any recipe ?. Give it a try and you’ll see exactly what I mean.
Did you know…???
Cacao powder is so special in so many ways, it contains more calcium than milk, more fibre than oats or prunes, more magnesium than almonds and six times more potassium and iron than bananas or spinach, not to mention the amount of anti-oxidants….. and… this list of factual qualities can go on and on, wooow, I know!!! Amazing stuff?.
Oh, but let’s get those brownies materialised as I’m sure you are now eager to see them too on a plate ready for grabs – they are soo good – it is a guarantee you’ll absolutely love them and they’ll be on that plate in no time ready to tuck in.
Sall we just start taking that plate out then? ??
Quick, delicious nuts and dark cacao brownies
- 200 g sugar cane -unrefined
- 120 g butter browned *
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 75 g cacao powder *
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp Vanilla powder
- 45 g spelt flour
- 75 g nuts chopped and toasted * I used walnuts and pecans
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C or 150°C if it’s fan assisted or gas mark 3.
- Line a 20 cm² brownie tin or any oven proof dish. I use ceramic ones sometimes.
- Melt the brown butter or brown it now if you don’t have any (see recipe notes for details) and set aside.
- Grab a bowl and combine the sugar, Cocoa powder, and the salt. Stir those nicely and add the butter slowly whisking it in.
- Add the eggs which should be at room temperature, one by one and beating in between.
- Add the vanilla and stir in the flour gently. Add the nuts (roughly chopped and toasted). Mix a little more to combine those too.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and bake for 20 or 25 minutes. Check with a skewer and this should come out with just a few moist crumbs on.
- Allowed to cool before removing from the tin and cut into little squares (between 16-20 squares).