This vegetarian pesto courgette n’ carrot noodles with feta cheese and olives came out of that desperado need to have a break from meat.
I do like to have 3-4 vegetarian days in a week, however, this is not always possible with those meatarians around my household who do suffer if no meat turns up on their dinner plates.
Pretty bad, I know but I'm working on it. I will, I will, I know I shall succeed, my hubby being the hardest one to convince.
I made this dish a few days back again and I was told by my meatarians who unanimously confirmed that there was no need for meat if they have the courgette and the carrot noodles present. It looks like I could possibly come out a winner if I carry on this way. It appears that I on the right track here and with a little perseverance everything is possible. Oh, yes!
The freshness, crispiness and the vibrance of this zoodles dish are simply amazing. A real winner indeed. It is one of those recipes that will quickly turn into a favourite. It is so refreshing! ️
This is one of my salads that are in the clear category of Healthy Fast Food as it is very quick to make, pure wholesomeness, all you need it is a good spiraliser.
Courgette and carrot noodles
Not only that looks effortlessly amazing and so truly appetising but these courgette/zucchini and carrot noodles can be served to any occasions as a side to any protein and it will make a superb meal.
It could complement a nicely cooked barbecue, now that the BBQ season has started, whether that's meat or fish.
It is an elegant dish that will always wow any retina that comes in ‘contact’ with, it is low carbs dish, is packed with fibre and vitamins, it is vegetarian, gluten-free, it is everything you wish for.
Let's get some noodles on the plate then!
- I have added some lemon zest in the past or some mint. Amazingly fresh.
- Most times I use garlic stuffed olives but truthfully any flavour, herbed olives would do.
- I also do replace the courgette with spiralised cucumber or ‘the curly C' as my daughter used to call it.
- If you are into salads, you could also try this superb red cabbage salad or this beautiful broccoli salad two superb choices to go with a summer BBQ.
I will come back with more recipes of this type so if you are a bit of a salad freak just like myself, have a browse around.
Vegetarian pesto courgette n' carrot noodles with feta cheese and olives
- glass bowl
For the salad:
- 3 courgettes or zucchinis (shredded or spiralised)
- 3 medium carrots (shredded or spiralised)
- 200 g feta cheese (7 oz) use vegan cheese for a vegan dish
- 10-12 olives green pitted
- 1 tsp Italian mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (mixed)
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pesto sauce (optional)
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 pinch salt pink Himalayan
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Place all the ingredients for the vinaigrette into a jar. Place the lid on and give it all a good old shake.
- Wash the courgettes, peel and wash the carrots. Pat try and spiralise.
- Transfer the spiralised courgettes and carrots to a large bowl.
- Chop or slice the olives into small chunks or little slices, sprinkle the sesame seeds, the dry Italian herbs, crumble the feta cheese into desired size crumbles.
- Give the vinaigrette a last shake and drizzle over the vegetable noodles, toss gently to coat the vegetables uniformly.
- Transfer into the serving plates and fully enjoy this beauty.