This vegetarian pesto courgette n’ carrot noodles with feta cheese and olives came out of that desperado need to have a break from meat.
I do like to have 3-4 vegetarian days in a week, however this is not always possible with those meatarians around my household who do suffer if no meat turns up on their dinner plates.
Pretty bad, I know but I’m working on it. I will, I will, I know I shall succeed, my hubby being the hardest one to convince.
I made this dish a few days back and I was told and my meat(arians) unanimously confirmed that there was no need for meat.
It looks like I could possibly come out a winner if I carry on this way, it does appear that I might be on the right track.
The freshness, crispness and the vibrance of this dish is amazing. A real winner indeed. It is one of those recipes that will quickly turn into your favourite. It is so refreshing! ️
This is one of my salads that are in the clear category of Healthy Fast Food as it is very quick to make, pure wholesomeness, all you need it is a good spiraliser.
Not only that looks effortlessly amazing and so truly appetising but this can be served to any occasions as a side to any protein and it will make a superb meal.
It could complement a nicely cooked barbecue, now that the BBQ season has started, whether that’s meat or fish.
It is an elegant dish that will always wow any retina that comes in ‘contact’ with, it is very low carbs, is packed with fibre and vitamins, it is vegetarian, gluten- free, it is everything you wish for.
Let’s get this spiralising going!
Vegetarian pesto courgette n' carrot noodles with feta cheese and olives
For the salad:
- 3 courgettes (shredded or spiralised)
- 3 medium carrots (shredded or spiralised)
- 200 g feta cheese
- 10-12 green pitted olives
- 1 pinch dry Italian mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (mixed)
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pesto sauce (optional)
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tiny pinch salt pink Himalayan
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Place all the ingredients for the vinaigrette into a jar. Place the lid on and give it all a good old shake.
Wash the courgettes, peel and wash the carrots. Pat try and spiralise.
Transfer the spiralised courgettes and carrots to a large bowl.
Chop or slice the olives into small chunks or little slices, sprinkle the sesame seeds, the dry Italian herbs, crumble the feta cheese into desired size crumbles.
Give the vinaigrette a last shake and drizzle over the vegetable noodles, toss gently to coat the vegetables uniformly.
Transfer into the serving plates and fully enjoy this beauty.
- I have added some lemon zest in the past or some mint. Amazingly fresh.
- Most times I use garlic stuffed olives but truthfully any kind or flavour, kind and herbed olives would do.
- I also do replace the courgette with spiralised cucumber ?? or ‘the curly C' as my daughter calls it.
- If you are into salads, you coud also try this superb red cabbage and carrot salad red cabbage salad or this beautiful broccoli salad two superb choices to go with a summer BBQ.
- I will come back with more recipes of this type so if you are a bit of a salad freak just like myself, stay tuned.