This vegetarian pesto courgette n’ carrot noodles with feta cheese and olives came out of that desperado's need to have a break from meat.
I do like to have 3-4 vegetarian days in a week, however, this is not always possible with those meatarians around my household who do suffer if no meat turns up on their dinner plates.
Pretty bad, I know but I'm working on it. I will, I will, I know I shall succeed, my hubby being the hardest one to convince.
I made this dish a few days back again and I was told by my meatarians who unanimously confirmed that there was no need for meat if they have the courgette and the carrot noodles present. It looks like I could possibly come out as a winner if I carry on this way. It appears that I am on the right track here and with a little perseverance everything is possible. Oh, yes!
The freshness, crispiness and vibrance of this zoodles dish are simply amazing. A real winner indeed. It is one of those recipes that will quickly turn into a favourite. It is so refreshing! ️
This is one of my salads that are in the clear category of Healthy Fast Food as it is very quick to make, pure wholesomeness, all you need is a good spiraliser.
Courgette and carrot noodles
Not only do they look effortlessly amazing and so truly appetising but these courgette/zucchini and carrot noodles can be served on any occasion as a side to any protein and it will make a superb meal.
It could complement a nicely cooked barbecue, now that the BBQ season has started, whether that's meat or fish.
It is an elegant dish that will always wow any retina that comes in ‘contact’ with it, it is low carbs dish, is packed with fibre and vitamins, it is vegetarian and gluten-free, and it is everything you wish for.
Let's get some noodles on the plate then!
- I have added some lemon zest in the past or some mint. Amazingly fresh.
- Most times I use garlic stuffed olives but truthfully any flavour, herbed olives would do.
- I also do replace the courgette with spiralised cucumber or ‘the curly C' as my daughter used to call it.
- If you are into salads, you could also try this superb red cabbage salad or this beautiful broccoli salad two superb choices to go with a summer BBQ.
🍞Other Salad Recipes to Consider...
Vegetarian pesto courgette n' carrot noodles with feta cheese and olives
- glass bowl
For the salad:
- 3 courgettes or zucchinis (shredded or spiralised)
- 3 medium carrots (shredded or spiralised)
- 200 g feta cheese (7 oz) use vegan cheese for a vegan dish
- 10-12 olives green pitted
- 1 tsp Italian mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (mixed)
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pesto sauce (optional)
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 pinch salt pink Himalayan
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Place all the ingredients for the vinaigrette into a jar. Place the lid on and give it all a good old shake.
- Wash the courgettes, peel and wash the carrots. Pat try and spiralise.
- Transfer the spiralised courgettes and carrots to a large bowl.
- Chop or slice the olives into small chunks or little slices, sprinkle the sesame seeds, the dry Italian herbs, crumble the feta cheese into desired size crumbles.
- Give the vinaigrette a last shake and drizzle over the vegetable noodles, toss gently to coat the vegetables uniformly.
- Transfer into the serving plates and fully enjoy this beauty.
This was such a great salad! Will make again!
This is such a beautiful summer salad, thank you for sharing!
Lovely and so easy to make recipe, healthy and beautiful for a light summer meal or side. Looks so good too, thanks for sharing!
Thank you Elan, I am glad you liked this dish too.
Thank you so much Elan! xx
I don't think I've made anything similar recently so it will be a great experience for me this weekend. Can't wait to try it out!
Thank you dear April, it is a yummy recipe that is ready in no time and since there is no cooking involved makes it such a perfect dish for hot days. 😉
Byron Thomas says
Both my partner and our daughter are vegetarians, and I know this is a salad they would both love to eat. I'm not a vegetarian, but I'm sure I'd love it too! I'm always looking for new ways to use my spiralizer that I spent so much money on. 🙂
Thank you Byron, I am so sure you would love this too. 😉 you should definitely try making this soon. Thank you so much for stopping by!
I love the looks of this!! We also try to eat vegetarian at least 2 times a week, though sometimes I will go a third night if my family hasn't complained about the lack of meat ☺️ I think they will go crazy for this!
Thank you dear Melissa 😉
Kathy @ Beyond the Chicken Coop says
Delicious! I need to get myself a spiralizer so I can make more dishes with veggies. I love how colorful and flavorful this dish is!
Thanks so much Kathy!
This recipe does look refreshing! I love that you used feta cheese, too! My FAVORITE!
Thanks Leslie, I am so glad we share the love for feta, it is my favourite too.
Amanda Wren-Grimwood says
This is such a great salad Ramona. It's great to have some new ideas for the summer season and I love to have mint with courgettes - so fresh!
Thank you Amanda,
I’m super happy to hear that you like the recipe and that you have found it inspiring too. I hope you’ll make and enjoy it soon ??
Katie Crenshaw | A Fork's Tale says
This is such a pretty salad. I just got a new veggie cutter for my Kitchen Aid. I can't wait to use it on this recipe. I know it will be fantastic!
Thank you Katie, happy spiralising, ? it sounds fab. I will check that out too as I’m a little bored with mine.
Brian Jones says
That sounds lovely and that vinaigrette sounds heavenly... Like you I eat vegetarian 2-3 days a week although my vegetarian recipe development is far less expansive than my 'protein' based recipe development so it sounds like a perfect dish for me to try something new.
Thank you Brian, it’s a refreshing salad ready in no time and can easily make a side to a protein packed meal ?. I hope you’ll give it a go and let me know how it went. ??