I think you must have gathered by now that I do enjoy everything that contains apples. Here it is a truly appetizing apple and cranberry super breakfast, oh, the smell when baking this.... will definitely make your day if not a week.
If you ask me, there are two types of breakfast.
There is the weekend breakfast which is great and mainly the one that we take some time to prepare, well, if lucky of course and .....
... the antagonistic version of that, the week time super quick breakfast, the painful one when we hardly find any time to prepare a proper breakfast.
In my household at the weekends, we occasionally take it easy or pretty lazy (whenever possible) having a really late breakfast often turning into a brunch. That’s what weekends are supposed to be IF we can enjoy the luxury of an easy and laid back one.
Not all weekends offer us a lot of time especially for those parents like ourselves with young children when even at the weekends, free-time it’s utter luxury. I’m not complaining here, by the way, I’m just saying - you probably know all about the taxi driving that we do all the time, right?
This fuss-free breakfast recipe with apples, oats and cranberries is super quick, it is very yummy and it looks pretty complicated but in reality, it is the easiest thing to prep.
I’m calling it breakfast but realistically could easily be a healthier dessert if you wanted it to be or a snack. It requires no prior prep but literally just mixing all the ingredients. The result is this very simple yet sophisticated looking apple and cranberry super breakfast.
This apple breakfast is nutritious but also healthy and quick to get ready. It is one of these breakfasts that id doable in weekdays since it bakes while you are getting ready for work or the day. Just let the oven do the work for you.
I make it for breakfast mainly because I dislike falling in a routine of feeding kids with cereals too often but also for us to take some nice and a lot healthier snack at work. It’s a lot better to go for something home prepared for a snack at tea time, I am sure you would agree.
It is great for variation and can easily be made in a skillet or any ovenproof dish.
Here are some more delicious breakfast ideas, sweet or savoury for you to enjoy.
Let’s just get this quick and yummy apple and cranberry super breakfast ready.
Apple and cranberry super breakfast
- 3 large apples (organic)
- 100 g cranberries (dried)
- 5 eggs (organic)
- 150 g oats (organic, rolled type)
- 5-7 tbsp cane sugar
- 3 tbsp goji berries
- 6 tbsp yoghurt
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 knob butter (to grease the dish)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 50 g walnut (toasted and chopped)
- 1 tsp rum essence (optional)
- 2 tbsp coconut (optional, desiccated)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp almond essence (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 180C/350F and grease an approximately 10-inch skillet or any ovenproof dish.
- Peel and core the apples, wash and chop into small cubes.
- Add the sugar and the cinnamon and set aside.
- To the chopped apples add the cranberries, the beaten eggs, the rolled oats, the Goji berries, salt, yoghurt and the sunflower seeds.
- Mix all pretty energetic until it gets all very well mixed.
- Place the mixture into the prepared tray and bake for around 40 minutes at 180C/350F.
- Sprinkle with the chopped walnuts or mix those into the actual mixture before baking and serve either hot with a scoop of ice cream scoop or can ve served cold with a dollop of creme fraiche.