Broccoli sprouts are live food which it’s really good for you. I’ve only discovered them about a year ago and I absolutely love them. My favorite sprouts now that are in my fridge on weekly basis!!
The sprouts are crispy, slightly nutty, sweet and a little mustardy, they are such a joy sprinkled over a salad, a breakfast egg on toast, smoked salmon, poached egg, egg benedict or simply as a snack or a simple side salad.
Amazing stuff!! ?
Red Cabbage and broccoli soup
For the salad:
- 200 g organic broccoli sprouts
- 1/2 medium organic red cabbage
- 2 small organic celery stalks
- 1 large organic red onion
- 1 large organic green pepper optional
- 1 red chili optional
For the vinaigrette:
- 3 tbps balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbps organic cider vinegar
- 1/4 tbps unrefined sugar or honey
- 1/2 tbps mustard
- 2 tbps organic olive oil extra virgin
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper fresh
- 1 tbps mayonnaise
- 1/3 clove garlic optional
- Chop the celery, onion, pepper and the chilli, shred the cabbage and place it all in a large bowl.
- Mix all ingredients and add the broccoli sprouts.
- In a jar add all vinaigrette ingredients, put the lid on and give it a proper powerful shake for a minute.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the mixed salad and toss.