Broccoli sprouts are live food which it's really good for us. I've only discovered them about a year or so ago and I absolutely love them. My favourite sprouts are now in my fridge on a weekly basis.
The sprouts are crispy, slightly nutty, sweet and a little mustardy, they are such a joy sprinkled over a salad, a breakfast egg on toast, smoked salmon, poached egg, egg benedict or simply as a snack or a simple side salad.
Red Cabbage and broccoli salad
This red cabbage salad with broccoli sprouts is a proper energy booster!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 people
- chopping board
- glass bowl
- jar with lid
For the salad:
- 200 g organic broccoli sprouts
- 1/2 medium organic red cabbage
- 2 small organic celery stalks
- 1 large organic red onion
- 1 large organic green pepper optional
- 1 red chili optional
For the vinaigrette:
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp organic cider vinegar
- 1/4 tbsp unrefined sugar or honey
- 1/2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp organic olive oil extra virgin
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper fresh
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/3 clove garlic optional
- Chop the celery, onion, pepper and the chilli, shred the cabbage and place it all in a large bowl.
- Mix all ingredients and add the broccoli sprouts.
- In a jar add all vinaigrette ingredients, put the lid on and give it a proper powerful shake for a minute.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the mixed salad and toss.
Enjoy this energising salad as a side to any grilled fish or meat as well as on its own. This is simply delicious and very moreish! Let me know if you liked it.
Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 91mg | Potassium: 420mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1400IU | Vitamin C: 99mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @ramonas.cuisine or tag #ramonascuisine!
Really nice recipe. Love the sprouts addition. Truly nice and goes well with almost anything. I’ve also added a handful of walnuts. Delicious
Great idea adding the walnuts dear Sandra, thank you so much. I will definitely try that next time