This potato salad is such a time saviour dish
The other day I came home really tired from work, school run, and my walk and I was totally drained. I could do with no dinner and just go to sleep as early as 6 pm but what I couldn't do in reality was leave my kids and hubby with no dinner!
Not ideal. Oh yes, my hubby could have cooked something too but he was also tired and not in the mood, so I just quickly washed some potatoes and in 15 min this tasty salad was on the table.
A quick fix to save an evening it's always welcome, especially midweek and especially after the Christmas holidays trying to get into some sort of a routine.
All you really have to do it's open the fridge, see what's there and do a tiny little thinking?
How handy can that be when an idea just pops out as a quick flashlight out of nowhere and saves your evening? Very handy indeed!!
I sometimes sprinkle some fresh thyme - it goes super well with this whole combo not to mention some boiled eggs too.
Delicious! It is all I can say.
This potato, olives and feta cheese salad is so simple to prepare and it's soo delicious!
I make this as a main dish sometimes for a quick lunch or dinner but it could also be a side dish to any meat or a simple starter. It's very nice for parties too and it can be made all throughout the year. There is no season really for this, whether is summer served as a side to a nice BBQ or midwinter and put on a Christmas dining table, it's simply a brilliant side.
Save it to your list of "save my day" recipes - it's a quick and great dish!
Other potato salad recipes you may like or want to try:
- Healthy Potato Salad
- Four-Potato Salad Recipe With Egg And Swede
- Potato And Roast Asparagus Salad
- Potato, Cucumber And Garlic Salad (another favourite of mine)
- Mediterranean Potato, Egg And Olive Salad
Some other potato recipes that are absolutely to die for :
- Rainbow Trout With Potatoes And Spring Garlic
- Potato Soup With Ham Hock And Petit Pois (Garden Peas)
- Giant Potato And Cauliflower Filo Samosa
- Best Ever Quail Eggs, Potato And Mushrooms Brunch
- Crusty Baked (Potato) Spuds
- Potato, Sausage And Parmesan Cheese Bake
- Potato-Base Pizza In A Pan
And here is the recipe which says...
Potato, olives and feta cheese salad
- wooden spoon
- chopping board
- 800 g potatoes (28.3 oz) (no floury potato type)
- 200 g feta cheese (7.1 oz)
- 2 medium red onions
- 4-5 sprigs basil/parsley/dill (fresh)
- 1 tsp Italian mixed herbs
- 150 g olives (5.3 oz) (chopped; I use green ones)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/6 tsp cayenne pepper or red chilli flakes
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly.
- Place a pot with water over high heat with a tablespoon of salt. Boil the potatoes for 15 min- leave the skin on.
- When ready, set aside and allow them to cool or pour ice-cold water over them. It will make peeling easier. Peel all the potatoes and cut each into 6 chunks.
- Place into a large bowl and add the chopped olives, Italian herbs fresh basil and crumble the cheese. Season to taste and mix.
- This salad can be served warm or cold.
Leave a Reply