The other day I came home really tired from work, school run, my walk and I was totally drained. I could do with no dinner and just go to sleep as early as 6 pm but what I couldn’t do in reality was leaving my kids and hubby with no dinner 🍴🤔?!
Not ideal. Oh, yes my hubby could have cooked something too but he was also tired and not in the mood, so I just quickly washed some potatoes and in 15 min this tasty salad was on the table. A quick fix to save an evening it’s always welcome especially midweek and especially after the Christmas holidays trying to get into routine.
All you really have to do it’s open the fridge, see what’s there and do a sparkle of thinking 💭 💭💭🤔
How handy can that be when an idea 💡 just pops out as a quick flashlight out of nowhere and saves your evening? Very handy indeed!!
This potato, olives and feta cheese salad is so simple to prepare and sooo nice! 😊👍🏼
I make this as a main dish sometimes for a quick lunch or dinner but could also be a side dish to any meat or a simple starter. It’s very nice for parties too and it can be made all throughout the year. There is no season really for this, whether is summer served as a side to a nice BBQ or plain winter and put on a Christmas 🎄 dining table, it’s brilliant.
Save it to your list of “save my day” recipes – it’s a quick and great dish!
And here is the recipe which says….. 👇👇
Potato, olives and feta cheese salad
- 800 g potatoes (no floury potato type)
- 200 g feta cheese
- 2 medium red onions
- 4-5 springs basil/parsley/dill (fresh)
- 1 tsp Italian mixed herbs
- 150 g Olives (chopped; I use green ones)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/6 tsp cayenne pepper
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly.
- Place a pot with water over high heat with a tablespoon of salt. Boil the potatoes for 15 min- leave skin on.
- When ready leave aside to cool or pour ice cold water over them. It will make peeling easier. Peel all the potatoes and cut each into 6 chunks.
- Place into a large bowl and add the chopped olives, Italian herbs fresh basil and crumble the cheese. Sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste and mix.
- They are ready to serve either cold or warm.