This can be a beautiful BBQ-ed but if the weather or time of the year doesn’t permit it’s coming beautifully in the oven too.
It’s absolutely divine and really healthy!
Enjoy on its own or with couscous, quinoa or rice.
Skewed veggies and meat grill
For the grill:
- 500 g chicken breast
- 2 large red peppers
- 2 large red onions
- 2 large courgettes
- 200 g button mushrooms
- 5 turkish peppers
For the meat marinade:
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbps olive oil
- 1 tbps sea salt or Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tbps ground pepper black, freshly ground
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tbps dry herbs optional
The marinade & grill:
- Prepare the marinade by mixing the finely chopped garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil and the herbs if you fancy.
- Cut the chicken breast into chunks of about a square 1 inch and marinade ideally for about 3-4 hours so best is to prepare the meat in advance, even the night before.
- Chop all the veggies into the desired size chunks.
- Alternate the meat and the veggies on the skewers and cook for about 12-15 min on BBQ or 25-30 min in the pre-heated oven.
Preparing the skewers:
- If you don't have metal skewers and you are using the wooden ones (oven only) you will have a to soak them in water for a good 20 minutes before so that they don't burn.