This skewed veggie and meat grill is ideally cooked on a BBQ but if the weather or time of the year doesn't permit for that, it can be beautifully cooked in the oven too.
I have used chicken breast this time but I have used lamb, pork and prawns in the past as alternatives. The marinade works well with all these and of course the veggies too.
An absolutely divine and really healthy dish for all seasons that can be enjoyed with couscous, quinoa or rice and a side salad. Simply amazing.
If you enjoyed this, here are some more recipes you may like:
- Succulent exotic BBQ-ed prawns
- Homemade burgers with mint and cumin yoghurt sauce
- Teriyaki chicken skewers
Skewed veggies and meat grill
- chopping board
For the grill:
- 500 g chicken breast
- 2 large red peppers
- 2 large red onions
- 2 large courgettes
- 200 g button mushrooms
- 5 turkish peppers
For the meat marinade:
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt or Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tbsp ground pepper black, freshly ground
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tbsp dry herbs optional
The marinade & grill:
- Prepare the marinade by mixing the finely chopped garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil and any herbs you fancy.
- Cut the chicken breasts into chunks of about a square 1 inch and marinade ideally for about 3-4 hours so best is to prepare the meat in advance, even the night before.
- Chop all the veggies into the desired size chunks.
- Alternate the meat and the veggies on the skewers and cook for about 12-15 min on BBQ or 25-30 min in the pre-heated oven.
Preparing the skewers:
- If you don't have metal skewers and you are using the wooden ones (oven only) you will have to soak them in water for a good 20 minutes before so that they don't burn.